- COLLETTE NATURE BLOG (CNB) | COLLETTE NATURE BLOG (CNB) http://go.ad2upapp.com/afu.php?id=1182571





Free Retweets


Free Website Visitors

Wednesday, 19 November 2014

A Nigerian Doctor Killed my Son- Sen. Jim Nwobodo

Former governor of old Anambra State, Senator Jim Nwobodo, on Tuesday broke the silence, as he  alleged that his son, Ifeanyichukwu, died out of negligence of a Nigeria doctor.
Senator Nwobodo stated that his son was already cured at Anderson Medical Cancer Centre in Huston Texas, USA and was asked to stay longer in USA, but he returned to Nigeria for nostalgia of his family, when he developed pains on the legs which took him to a consultant oncologist at the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu.

He further revealed that the doctor, instead of taking him to the teaching hospital where there were facilities for emergency, rather referred his son to his private clinic, where the doctor administered his son with an injection and in no distant moment, he died.
Senator Nwobodo made the revelation when the Abia State governor, Chief Theodore Orji, paid him a condolence visit in his country home in Amechi, Awkunanaw, Enugu.
Chief Nwobodo said the doctor, on discovery of the complication of the drug, tried to rush his son to Niger Foundation Hospital, but he died even before getting there.
He said: “My son had been sick for five months before I knew about it and was planning to go to India before we took him to USA. He was given visa for two years, because the cancer was at stage four, but they treated him.
“When he came back, his leg started to swell up and he thought he should see a doctor and I advised him to see the best oncologist. It took us three weeks to see the doctor. On Friday, I spoke with him three times a day and he was to see the doctor between 5.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. I called him and he said he was with the doctor, I requested to speak with the doctor, but he said he was busy.
“Instead of the doctor to take him to UNTH, he took him to his private clinic, where he had no equipment, no facility at all. I called him again and when I did not hear from him, I sent him a text message and I asked the doctor to tell me why he gave my son an injection which made him unconscious; he said he was sorry and that he was trying to resuscitate him. I spoke with him at 6.30 p.m. and by 7.00 p.m, my son was dead.

No comments:

Recent Posts

Copyright © 2015. COLLETTE NATURE BLOG (CNB) - All Rights Reserved